Formerly Great Lakes Woodworking, GLW was founded in 1984 when two carpenters in Detroit decided to forgo their separate jobs and build something better together. Combining their skill sets, Mike Mancinelli and Paul LaCroix refined their craftsmanship and inspired each other to grow each day. Together, with the help of eventual owner, Tony Gatliff, business began to expand.
“I was always striving for the next level, always pushing things, wanting to get better, never settling for where we were at” says Mike.
Starting business out of a garage, the partners strove to create a company based on enduring relationships. More than exceptional woodwork, Mike and Paul pledged to build a business committed to its people. An environment where you treat people the way you want to be treated.www.glwdetroit.com
As the business grew, the partners invested in talent and equipment. Creating innovative tools and custom processes for each job became a key advantage to craftsmanship. Paul reflects, “Engineering is what was going to set us apart, it needed to be a leading role in the company.” Tony adds “A hallmark of GLW is product quality, with a high bar for expectations and owners that deeply care about their work”.
With commitment to craftsmanship and relationships, we have grown but remain humble. We are proud of maintaining production in Detroit and working with prestigious retailers across the nation.
We design-engineer, build, and install custom retail fixtures and store environments. Beyond woodwork, our expertise and network of trusted partners enables us to provide seamless integration with metal, glass, leather, stone, and acrylic fabrication.
From selecting the right materials to transforming concepts into prototypes, we design-engineer solutions that fit your schedule and budget without compromising quality.
Our expertise include:
• Design development and value-engineering for efficient function and form
• Material and finish recommendation to achieve the right look
• Procurement for quality materials and brand consistency
• 3D renderings and technical drawings to turn concepts into build-ready designs
• Prototyping for proof-testing before production
We are equipped with cutting-edge facilities for exceptional craftsmanship and construction. Our investment in manufacturing technology provides advantage for speed, precision, and versatility. Our custom woodwork solutions include seamless integration with metal, glass, leather, stone, and acrylic fabrication.
Some things we custom-build:
• Retail environments
• Store fronts
• Loose fixtures
• Cash wraps
• Cabinets, shelves, perimeter fixtures
• Counters, bars
We coordinate logistics for on-time delivery, seamless installation, and ongoing support. Our aim is to take stress off your shoulders with personal service for ease of business.
Key services include:
• Technical drawings and installation plans
• Door-to-door delivery and white glove service
• Installation support
• National distribution programs for fixture packages and store roll-out
• Store maintenance kits and replenishment programs
• Warehousing storage & Inventory Management
Every job has a devoted Project Manager for personal attention and streamline communication. A go-to you can rely on from start to finish. Our Project Managers help ensure your job delivers on time and within budget.
You can count on us to:
• Provide attention to detail, rapid response, and flexibility to adapt to your needs
• Source premium quality materials
• Work closely with you to achieve exacting specifications for custom finishes
• Monitor costs and proactively suggest efficiencies
• Stay on top of timelines
• Be knowledgeable about your brand, merchandise and business for expertise